When you file for bankruptcy, youâ€™re embarking on a lengthy process with multiple steps and countless details.
- Meeting with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your financial situation and legal options
- Provision of financial documents to the attorney to determine the appropriate bankruptcy type
- Completion of a mandatory credit counseling course prior to bankruptcy filing
- Review and signing of a bankruptcy petition, which is immediately filed with the bankruptcy court
- Attendance at a creditors meeting. Those filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy will attend further hearings following their creditors meeting in the event that their creditors are disputing the discharge of their debts. Those filing for Chapter 13 will discuss the details of their payment plan at the creditors meeting, and begin making payments shortly after the termination of the meeting.
Filing for bankruptcy requires expert, professional legal advice. Thatâ€™s what youâ€™ll find when you work with an attorney from Engel Law Firm. Weâ€™ll help walk you through the steps listed above, and also function as your representative in any legal proceedings.
Our team at Engel Law Firm has plenty of experience with bankruptcy proceedings, and we have the right infrastructure in place â€“ which means you’ll complete the process quicker and with less chance of making mistakes.
Contact us today and weâ€™ll help you get started on the road back to financial freedom.