Debt Counseling Information
While bankruptcy can be a very effective method of relieving your overwhelming debt load, there are drawbacks to the process, such as the negative impact that filing can have on your credit.
However, there are many actions you can pursue after bankruptcy to improve your credit, including:
- Asking to be named as a co-maker on a credit card
- Saving a reasonable amount of money each week
- Opening a secured credit card in your own name after six months
- Monitoring your credit rating a person is entitled to receive one free credit report per year from each of the major credit reporting bureaus: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. You can then dispute erroneous credit information on the report.
- Paying bills on time if you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it is highly beneficial to make on-time payments to your bankruptcy trustee and to promptly pay all other bills and utilities
Benefits of Debt Counseling After Bankruptcy
Engel Law Firm can provide you with skilled debt counseling services in the aftermath of your bankruptcy. At Engel Law Firm we work with you to restore your good credit and your long-term financial health.
Contact Engel Law Firm today for help taking steps to re-establish your credit after bankruptcy.